- Newly created role
- A leading ASEAN pre-IPO Unicom
- Excellent career growth
Our client is a leading ASEAN pre-IPO Unicorn. Due to business expansion, the company is looking to fill a newly created transactional Senior Counsel (M&A & Capital Markets) role.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be directly involved in M&A/JVs transactions across the ASEAN region and beyond.
You are LLB/LLM qualified and called to the Bar with at least 8 PQE. You have good cross-border M&A transactions gained from a top-tier international law firm(s). Candidates who have lived and worked overseas (international outlook and exposure) would be well regarded. Competency in an Asian language would be advantageous but not required.
To be successful in the role, you need to be a team player, quick on the uptake, and able to work independently on M&A transactions. We are happy to relocate candidates from anywhere in the region for this role.
- Participate in M&A transactions from start to end, advising on a range of transactional related matters on contracts
- Advise on JV matters across the region
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to M&A deals
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and be kept abreast of developments/changes to regulatory requirements
- Assist on process improvement projects related to the M&A Legal team
- Participate in companywide projects whenever appropriate
- Manage and engage with external counsels complex cross border M&A/JV transactions
- JD/LLB/LLM qualified and called to the Bar
- Min 8 PQE
- In-house and/or top tier law firm (International Corporate Practice) experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively bilingual in English and 1 other Asian language
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496