- Newly created headcount
- Deputy to GC role within an established team
- APAC coverage
Our client, global MNC is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel role (6 to 8 PQE) role.
Reporting into the General Counsel for the APAC region, you will primarily be providing support and advice on legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to real estate transactions (buy side). You will also have a broader remit in advising the business and stakeholders on to day to day operational and general corporate commercial matters.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with 6 to 8 PQE gained with top tier Singapore and/or international law firms (Corporate Practice). Prior experience in advising on M&A deals in the real estate space will be highly relevant. Candidates coming straight from law firm welcomed to apply but generalist with in-house experience (especially in an established MNC) will be very well regarded. The successful candidate will also deputise the General Counsel and play a key role in helping to grow, develop and manage the established APAC Legal & Compliance team.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, take ownership in delivering, and be a team player
- Review, draft and negotiate engagement letters related to international real estate transactions
- Partner closely with deal teams in preparing and finalizing letter of intent and other relevant documents related to new acquisitions
- Advise on day-to-day operational matters
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Develop and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (outside counsels, service providers, portfolio companies; etc.)
- Design, implement and manage processes to ensure efficiency in managing transactions
- Support the General Counsel in developing and managing the regional Legal & Compliance team
- Bar qualification 6 to 8 PQE
- Top tier law firms (M&A Practice) or Generalist with MNC experience
- Independent and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior in-house experience in an MNC and/or real estate investment/real estate asset management experience
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496