- Newly created headcount
- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Senior leadership role
Our client, a global leading FinTech company with both B2B and B2C offerings is looking to fill a newly created General Counsel role. Reporting into the Group COO. You will be given the mandate to oversee all legal matters across the group.
Working closely with senior stakeholders and cross-functional teams (compliance, product, business development; etc), you will advise the business on variety of areas related to regulatory, governance and corporate transactions, Finance and Privacy. As a General Counsel, you will be part of the leadership team and influence the companies direction and long-term investments to enable rapid growth.
You are LLB/JD qualified (US/UK/SG/Hong Kong/Australia) with at least 15 PQE (ideally a combination of FinTech/payments, Startup, Big Law Corporate Practice Experience)
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a leader who is hands on, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Strong passion for fintech/startup and interest to play a pivotal role in the company’s next stage of growth would be critical.
- Provide strategic advice on governance and regulatory policies working with internal compliance team and regulators on matters pertaining (but not limited to) licensing and approval applications, compliance requirements i.e., AML/CFT and other related topics.
- Provide regulatory analysis of proposed business/operation structure, new products and help to prepare submissions to secure regulatory and licensing approvals for services, products, and platforms.
- Play an active role in in drafting, reviewing and negotiation of a wide array of high value and complex commercial agreements ranging from software licensing, sales agreements, master agreements, vendor agreements and other matters related to complex contracting transactions. Experience in managing negotiations with large corporates will be very relevant.
- Provide strategic legal advice on complex regulatory matters and special projects including major transactions, acquisitions, fundraising and company growth and expansion
- Play an active part in managing transactional matters with support from external law firms (as and when appropriate and required)
- Manage the company's IP and create a compliant and sound data privacy strategy and governance framework
- Play an active role in fundraising initiatives / new capital raising projects, existing shareholder management and supporting on director fiduciary obligations and company secretarial
- LLB/JD qualified (US/UK/SG/Hong Kong/Australia) with at least 15 PQE (ideally a combination of FinTech/payments, Startup, Big Law Corporate Practice)
- Bring exceptional subject matter expertise and judgement to the role and have a high degree of accountability and responsibility
- Develop strong relationships with leadership internally and externally
- To be successful in the role, you will need to be a leader who is hands on, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Strong passion for fintech/startup and interest to play a pivotal role in the company’s next stage of growth would be critical.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749