Our client are a rapid growth Health & Wellness brand based in California. They have a range of gummies targeting different areas of health and wellbeing such as skin care and the immune system and have been listed in the Forbes’ Top trends for Women’s Health.
They are looking for a VP of Product to join their small but highly ambitious team to Lead on their Product Strategy across their portfolio. You'll be key to defining the strategy which builds and develops innovative products within the Health and Wellness space with a focus on improving women's health. Ideally you'd have strong experience of driving a consumer product business from product strategy all the way to launch.
If you're Passionate about Women's Health & Wellness and have a creative and date driven approach to successfully building & launching consumer products then this is the role for you!
- Identify unmet customer needs, new categories, new ingredients / form factors to build a roadmap with innovative products
- Build a presence in existing categories where they have demonstrated success, while identifying new categories in the space
- Design quantitative and qualitative research approach to support product prioritization and design
- Develop framework and analyze clinical studies to provide claims data to marketing team on individual products
- Develop product concepts based on comprehensive research; pitch concepts to executive leadership team
- Collaborate with suppliers, researchers, legal, and other stakeholders to develop formulations, analyze risk and establish claims
- Translate products into clear value propositions with defined customer targets in support of marketing team
- Report out on metrics to executive leadership and key stakeholder
- Drive alignment cross-functionally and with key stakeholders
- Develop and organize talent to efficiently deliver on organizational objectives, provide clear, analytical / data-based structure and guidance for team members, and promote growth and learning
- 6 to 8 years of leading a product function, including innovation & strategy, development and launch at CPG or Pharmaceutical company. (If that's in Supplements even better!)
- Expertise in strategy development and product management with analytical approach to evaluation of new opportunities / categories and existing products
- A track record of successfully growing businesses and product portfolios using innovative product roadmaps
- Passion for women’s wellness with a focus on problem / solution identification
- Executive level business acumen and communication skills
- Experience in project management, with the ability to manage multiple external and internal stakeholders
- DTC experience preferred