- A newly created role
- Broad range
- Great for career growth
Our client, an exciting FoodTech startup well-backed by tier 1 venture capital firms is looking to fill a newly created Legal Director role.
Reporting into the C-suite team, the successful candidate will advise stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters which include commercial contracts drafting and review, transactional matters (fund raising through debt and/or equity deals), Intellectual Property, Data Protection, and others.
To be successful in the role, you will need to hands-on, collaborative and have strong commercial acumen. Prior experience in high growth/fast paced/startup environment will be well-regarded.
- Lead and build the Legal function.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commercial contracts.
- Advise on transaction matters (debt and equity fund-raising)
- keeps abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments that will affect business operations and advise stakeholders accordingly.
- Provide legal advice to corporate functions on various matters i.e., with HR with regards to employment related matters
- Manage external counsels as and when required.
- Advise on IP and licensing related matters.
- Advise on data privacy matters and take charge in formulating data protection policies.
- Manage the company’s VSOP plan and take lead in structuring ESOP to enhance the company’s total reward offering.
- LLB/Juris Doctor qualification from a recognised institution
- Prior experience in a startup/high-growth environment a plus
- Min 8 PQE (US Bar qualification preferred)
- Hands on, strong commercial acumen and a proven team player
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496