Legal Counsel, GBA (min 6 PQE), Global FinTech (Payments)
- Posted 12 August 2021
- LocationHong Kong S.A.R
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- Industry giant
- Regional focus
- Cutting-edge innovative frontier
Our client, a leading global FinTech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role in the key unit of Payments.
Reporting into the Lead Counsel, the successful candidate will be providing legal and regulatory advice in all business matters in the Geater Bay Area. The key remit of the role will be full spectrum contract management and negotiation, but the scope will also include regular interdepartmental support.
Experience in e-commerce/FinTech/payments will be well regarded (but not required), and candidates with a general corporate/commercial practice would be fitting for the role.
The chosen candidate is common law qualified with at least 6 PQE. Excellent proficiency in both English, Chinese (spoken and written) and conversationally fluent Cantonese are essential in business duties. Keen interest in the FinTech sphere and adaptability in a fast-paced environment would be the key factors of success in this role.
- Advise on legal and regulatory aspects of day-to-day operations and commercial transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate contract agreements with banks, service providers, financial services, and clients.
- Keep abreast of political movements and their implications on the group’s commercial interests.
- Keeping informed of legal and regulatory developments to provide pertinent advice for broad scheme of business matters.
- Implement training and workshops for co-workers regarding pertinent legal matters.
- Actively contribute as a legal key personnel as and when required.
- Act as key point of contact for matters in the Greater Bay Area business hub – HK, Macau, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Huizhou, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing.
- Bar qualification (min 6 PQE), common law qualifications preferred.
- Experience in payments/tech/financial spaces well regarded.
- Corporate commercial practise in law firm or in-house corporate background is essential.
- Conversational and written proficiency in English and Chinese, with fluent Cantonese.
- Resilient and ready to join an all-hands-on-deck environment.
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills.
- Strong foundation in legal knowledge, able to adapt and function independently.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496