- Newly created role
- Highly visible role (reports into C-Suite)
- Group level scope
Our client, an MNC with assets and operations that span across the globe, is looking to fill a newly created Group Data Protection Officer role. Reporting into a C-Suite Officer, this is a senior and highly visible group level role.
As the Group Data Protection Officer, the successful candidate will be given the remit to manage all data privacy and protection matters across the group. Key responsibilities will include managing the group’s data privacy compliance framework, drive global projects related to Data Privacy and Protection topics, manage all regulatory concerns (data privacy related) and provide advice to Board of Directors and members of Management Committee on data privacy related matters.
You are a qualified professional with legal, compliance or audit background with expert knowledge and in-depth understanding of data privacy laws and regulations (i.e., GDPR). With at least 12 years of experience, you have direct experience in implementing and reviewing data privacy programmes/framework/policies at the group level (experienced at a regional or global level). Strong leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills are also critical to be successful in the role.
- Ensure group compliance to data privacy laws and regulations globally
- Implement data privacy framework/policies and processes at the group level and provide global oversight
- Maintain and monitor data protection policies and compliance
- Provide advice, training, and guidance on data protection related topics to local privacy managers and teams
- Kept abreast of developments in data privacy laws and ensure policies and up to date and compliant
- Drive and foster a strong data protection culture across the group
- Support data incident responses and data breach notification processes
- Provide regular updates to Board of Directors, Management Committee, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Risk Committees) on the group’s data protection compliance programmes.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in law, Accountancy or other relevant tertiary qualifications
- Strong understanding and expert knowledge in data privacy related topics
- Min 12 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong team player and proven management capabilities
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749