- Well-established team
- Highly visible role with autonomy
- Global Coverage
Our client, global financial services company is looking to fill a new legal counsel role within the global technology legal team.
Reporting into the Global Head of Legal and working closely with a well-established team, you will be advising on a broad range of legal (transactional) and regulatory matters including drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts, advise on legal issues related to Technology (i.e., software licensing, integration, managed services, technology outsourcing; etc) and other emerging FinTech topics (Blockchain/Crypto, Digital Banking; etc)
You are LLB/LLM qualified with 4 to 6 PQE with experience in leading law firms (TMT Practice), FinTech and Technology Services companies. Experience in the Financial Services industry will be a major plus.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, take ownership in delivering, and be a team player.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts (Technology transactions) across the group
- Advise business stakeholders on a broad range of legal, and regulatory topics in the FinTech space (including emerging topics i.e., Blockchain/Crypto)
- Identifying and managing risk and liability face by the business in their areas of operations
- Work closely with broader legal teams across the financial institution on matters related to technology, data privacy, technology procurement; etc.
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Work closely with cross functional teams within the Governance space
- Bar qualification (4 to 6 PQE)
- Solid in-house experience with Technology Services, FinTech companies and/or private practice (TMT) experience will be very well-regarded
- Independent and able to work in a fast-paced and transactional environment
- Passion/interest in frontier topics within the FinTech space (i.e., blockchain, crypto, digital assets, digital payments; etc)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496