- Established Team
- APAC scope
- Highly visible role
Our client, a world renowned US headquartered Financial Services is looking to fill a Senior Tax Counsel (10-15 PQE) to be based out of their Singapore office.
Reporting into the APAC Head of Tax, the successful candidate will be playing an instrumental role in providing critical tax legal advice to business stakeholders. Domain areas will include (but not limited to) Tax litigation, structuring of deals as well as commercial contract review.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar (min 10 PQE). You should come with a combination of in-house as well as private practice (Tax Litigation Practice). Whilst not a must have, candidates with conversational mandarin skills will be well regarded (due to the possible need to liaise with Chinese stakeholders in mainland China).
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Partner with cross functional teams across the region and advise on matters related to Tax (Legal perspective)
- Advise on Tax implications on matters related to deal structuring, M&A, commercial contracts; etc
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to complex cross border Tax laws across multiple jurisdictions
- Draft and review a broad range of commercial contracts
- Provide training to stakeholders as and when required on Tax (Legal) matters
- Assist in the drafting of Tax related policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Developing and maintaining contract templates
- Managing Tax litigation matters with support from external counsels (whenever appropriate)
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Min 10 PQE
- In-house and law firm (Tax Litigation Practice) experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Mandarin skills (not a must)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749