- Exciting and fast paced environment
- Part of an international privacy team with global coverage
- Opportunity to be part of a promising and high growth business dealing with frontier financial technology domains
Our client, a global leading FinTech company is looking to fill a Senior/Legal Counsel to advise on privacy matters.
The successful candidate will have a broad coverage and work on privacy policies, framework and implementation of the company global privacy strategy. Working closely with global cross functional teams, you will take ownership in advising privacy considerations that will have material impact in product, Business models, operations as well as marketing activities.
Prior experience in Banks, Payments or FinTech companies will be well regarded (although not necessary). Candidates with strong privacy experience especially within European markets (GDPR) will be highly regarded.
You are legally qualified (US/UK/SG preferred) with min 5 PQE. Chinese skills (written and spoken) is required due to business needs.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment. Strong passion for fintech and a positive mindset/attitude will be critical to be successful in the role.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts (privacy provisions)
- Partner closely with global legal team and advise on various legal, compliance and regulatory matters
- Kept abreast of developments in the privacy law landscape across the world
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Design, review and implement global privacy policies and framework
- Advise business stakeholders on privacy consideration in business operations, regulatory requirements, marketing materials and others
- Support the global privacy team on ad-hoc projects
- Bar qualification (min 5 PQE)
- Privacy experience gain in the EMEA markets or strong understanding of GDPR highly preferred
- Keen interest to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
- Chinese skills (written and spoken)