- Broad scope
- Established team
- Excellent career growth
Our client, an international leading asset management company is looking to fill a Senior Legal Counsel (min 8 PQE) role based out of their Singapore office.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will take a lead role in advising on a broad scope of legal matters relevant to the asset management business (i.e. portfolio management, trading, investment and fund distribution). As a Senior Counsel within the team, the successful candidate will also be advising on general corporate commercial matters and play the role of a mentor to junior counsels in the team.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to the commonwealth jurisdiction (min 8 PQE) and has prior in-house experience with a financial institution, preferably with experience and understanding of the asset management business/products. Chinese skills a plus although not essential (due to the need to liaise with stakeholders in Mainland China).
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently and open to learning/contributing in broader areas.
- Provide legal advisory on matters related to asset management business (i.e. portfolio management, trading, investment and fund distribution)
- Lead negotiations on fund documents, distribution arrangements and investment management agreements with counter parties.
- Advise business on regulatory changes and possible impact on the business
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of templates, precedents and policies
- Provide legal support and counsel in broader and general matters within the asset management business
- Support regional legal needs as and when required
- Collaborate effectively and foster relationships with key internal members (risk, ops, compliance) and investor teams.
- Advise on general corporate commercial matters
- LLB/JD qualified
- Commonwealth Bar qualification (min 8 PQE)
- In-house experience with financial institutions(s) ideally within the asset management space
- Able to work independently while contributing to overall team objectives
- Interest in the asset management industry/business
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496