- Join one of the most innovative corporate strategy teams in the market
- Phenomenal access to Global Management team
- Origination, Execution and Strategy around the companies M&A agenda and investing in start-up ecosphere.
Our client is looking for an outstanding individual to join their Corporate Development, M&A (“CDMA”) team as Sr. Director of M&A and Ventures Outreach – Asia Pacific. CDMA works closely with business owners and executive leadership to define and execute their inorganic growth strategy across the globe, including Acquisitions and large or complex Investments. Their CDMA team adopts a pro-active approach to sourcing and executing transactions, while also maintaining the best of relationships with entrepreneurs, bankers, lawyers, VCs, and PE funds active in the multiple ecosystems in which they operate.
The role will have direct interaction with the SVP of Corporate Development, who heads Global M&A, as well as local-market leaders. As such, this person will be a principal point of contact for their team with both inbound deal flow and outbound deal sourcing opportunities externally representing them at an Executive level capacity. They will have disproportionate influence in driving acquisition and investment strategy based on their insights, which will help develop conviction and form decisions that have broad financial and organizational impact both in-region and globally.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with potential acquisition or investment candidates and their management and advisors, including CEOs, CFOs, legal counsel, and bankers. Understand their businesses and key metrics quickly and in a way that builds confidence and enhances their reputation in the market. This work will include hosting one-on-one executive meetings, attending relevant networking events, as well as conducting disciplined phone and email-based outreach and follow-up.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders within their respective geographies and in functional roles, to understand their goals and strategies and use this knowledge to find companies that are a potential fit. This person needs to stay current with product offerings, underlying technologies, geographic landscapes, and strategic initiatives and then translate those to valuable conversations with external parties.
- Collaborate with CDMA team members to build an informed perspective on market segments of interest, including the creation of market maps, target comparisons, and analysis of VC and Private Equity investment trends. Synthesize across companies and markets to reach insightful hypotheses on superior M&A and investment opportunities.
- Conduct business and financial analysis of potential targets and appropriately escalate urgent or critical developments that require a response.
- Brief executives on trends and themes that emerge from the many conversations and external touchpoints. Advocate for top-tier opportunities, including market-leading acquisitions, ranging from start-ups to public companies
- 15+ years of relevant experience in industry with 4-6+ years’ experience in a corporate development, business development, or product management function at a large payment, FinTech, or software company; or at a top-tier consulting, I-bank, hedge fund, private equity, or venture capital firm
- Bachelors with Master Degree, MBA, or undergraduate technical degree is an added plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of merger/acquisition analysis and related issues, including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), valuation, cap tables and basic venture economics.Ability to discuss, capture, organize, and summarize key characteristics of disparate companies and their offerings in a consistent and repeatable way.
- Proven experience in Executive Level presentations with the ability to draw conclusions and distill critical information to inform and influence senior management strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, the payments, financial technology, and/or software industries. Curiosity and a genuine interest in learning about companies’ strategies, differentiation, and thinking independently about how those could align with objectives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- A genuine love for interacting with a variety of talented people, which translates into an exceptional rapport, demonstrated through outstanding email and phone communications – the successful candidate will be able to build personal connections and relationships quickly and often at a distance through phone and email.
- Dogged determination and follow through with a voracious appetite for learning.
- Comfortable with both structured and improvised conversations and processes. Keeping our pipeline software up to date, accurate, and relevant will require a thoughtful, disciplined, and structured process with regular check-ins and follow ups. Conversations with CEOs and investment bankers may span across many topics, and the successful candidate will have a track record of achieving results with a variety of different partners and communication styles.
- Ability to form independent, informed opinion through market research, to evaluate strategic players and options, to distill a variety of perspectives, and to articulate data and conclusions at an executive level.
- Ability to identify, recognize, and analyze trends, technologies, and attractive business opportunities, and communicate the opportunity clearly and succinctly.
- True team player who is excited to work in an ambiguous, fast-moving, complex, globally-dispersed environment with multiple stakeholders inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to lead, review, and execute multiple strategic projects simultaneously.
- Inherently enthusiastic contributor, who is willing to take on special projects and assignments as required.
- Disciplined, hard-working, dedicated, and impassioned personality who can generate contributions from others as well as drive their own work.
- Exhibits superior business judgment, and an ability to use it to make a strong positive impact.
- Expected travel 15-30% of the time, depending on geographic focus.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.