- Newly created headcount
- Highly visible
- Multi regional coverage
Our client, a global consumer goods company, is looking to fill a newly created Senior Counsel, International role. Reporting into the Head of Legal, International, You will be mandated to advise on a broad range of legal and compliance matters across multiple jurisdictions.
As an experienced and trusted business partner to senior stakeholders across multiple regions, you will be advising on wide array of legal matters related (but Not limited to) global commercial agreements, intellectual property, supply chain, regulatory, disputes and other matters.
Due to the broad multi-jurisdictional coverage of the role, a candidate with international experience (lived and worked outside of Asia) and has experience with Global MNCs managing cross-border complex issues will be well regarded.
You are legally qualified (JD or Commonwealth qualification) with min 7 PQE. Relevant experience in Consumer Goods sector will be highly preferred due to Business needs.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a team player, able to work independently, function well in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate global commercial agreements
- Advise business stakeholders on general corporate commercial legal matters across multiple regions
- Support various corporate functions on legal related matters i.e. in Tax, Supply Chain, Procurement; etc.
- Kept abreast of developments in regulatory matters related to the Consumer Goods sector
- Advise and manage commercial disputes
- Manage external counsels whenever required
- Build and maintain relationship with relevant governmental and regulatory bodies
- Bar qualification (min 7 PQE)
- Experience in the Consumer Goods sector (in-house experience a must)
- International law firm background preferred (due to coverage of international markets)
- Commercial and solutions driven
- Mature, independent and hands on
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496