- Newly created role
- Team environment
- Global coverage
Our client is a global consumer product company with global headquarters in Singapore. Due to business growth, they are currently on a lookout to hire a Legal Counsel focusing on Trademark & IP matters.
Reporting into the General Counsel, you will be taking lead in managing a broad range of legal matters. Key job scope would be related to advising on Intellectual Property related matters including Trademark protection, prosecution, enforcement, licensing and others. Additional scope would be to provide general corporate commercial support which includes drafting, negotiating and reviewing of commercial contracts as well corporate secretarial support.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with at least 2 PQE. Candidate coming straight of law firm (IP Practice) would be welcomed to apply. Direct experience in Trademark, copyright, design rights and domain name protection will be well regarded. Chinese skills a plus (not a must) due to business interest/coverage in mainland China.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be a self-starter, independent and passionate about delivering top quality work in oftentimes tight deadlines
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing commercial contracts across the APAC region/jurisdictions
- Advise stakeholders on a broad range of legal matters with a strong focus in Trademark and Intellectual Property related topics
- Record and file legal documents related to trademark, design, logos, and other relevant infringements
- Handle IP infringement and fraud cases
- Design, review and implement trademark protection strategies for the group
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions and assist in developing compliance programmes
- Manager corporate secretarial related matters (with support from outside service providers)
- Bar qualification (min 2 PQE)
- Good training from a reputable IP Practice (Boutique and/or Big Law firms)
- Chinese skills a plus
- Self-starter and top class working attitude
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496