- Newly created role – based in Singapore
- A global US headquarter video games company
- Excellent career growth
Our client, a global US headquartered video games company is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel role.
Reporting into the Head of Legal for Asia, you will be advising, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements including but not limited to licensing, publishing, IP, sponsorship, vendor arrangements; etc. You will also be tasked to advise stakeholders on matters related to employment, corporate governance, IP (trademark & patents) and other general corporate commercial topics.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar (min 4 PQE). Candidates with a combination of relevant TMT/IP Practice experience gained in major law firms and MNCs in-house experience will be very well regarded. Candidates straight from private practice (TMT) is very welcomed to apply. Whilst not a must, passion for gaming/gamers would fit very well!
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements (Licensing, Sponsorship, Publishing, Vendor, IP; etc.)
- Support the team in other general corporate commercial matters
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist on corporate secretarial/corporate governance matters to ensure all regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates, and other documents to ensure best practices
- Developing and maintaining contract templates
- Conduct relevant legal training for stakeholders
- LLB/LLM qualified
- 4 to 7 PQE
- In-house and law firm experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently
- Passion for Gaming/Gamers preferred! (But not a must)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496