- Highly visible role
- HQ Environment
- Collegial team
Our client, a global bank with HQ operations in Singapore is looking to fill a Legal Counsel (min 4 PQE).
The successful candidate will be part of a global legal team advising on transactions relevant to the Global Credit Market business.
The ideal candidate should LLB qualified and called to the Bar with minimum 4 PQE gained from top tier law firms (leading Banking & Finance Practices).
To be successful in the role, you will need have strong business acumen, be a team player, have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Being hands on, having the interest to build out the legal function and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment will be highly desirable attributes.
- Provide legal support to the global credit markets business
- Advise business stakeholders on all relevant legal and regulatory matters
- Advise stakeholders on legal, regulatory and compliance matters relevant global credit markets business
- Ensure adherence to the company’s policies, processes, and framework
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory development across the region and advise stakeholders accordingly
- Participate in global projects, representing and communication perspectives from global credit market business’ point of view.
- Manage/instruct external counsels supporting on transactional matters as and when required
- LLB/LLM from top universities
- Bar qualification (min 4 PQE)
- Law firm experience gained tier 1 law firms (banking and finance practice)
- Experience with LMA and APLMA style documentation in the context of cross-border financings.