- Newly created role
- Highly visible
- Broad and exciting scope
Our client, who has won a license to set up one of the new Digital Banks in Singapore is looking to fill a Legal Counsel (6 to 10 PQE) for their new venture.
You will be advising on a broad range of legal and regulatory matters including but not limited to commercial contracts, new products and regulatory developments related to the Digital Bank. There will be close collaboration with cross functional teams as well as group/parent company stakeholders on various matters.
You are LLB qualified and called to the Bar in SG or UK. Strong understanding of banking business in Singapore and excellent law firm training (as well as) in-house experience are critical. To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, able to work under pressure and flourish in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would be someone who comes from an established and reputable bank in Singapore.
- Be the primary support to Digital Banking team
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Advise on both legal and regulatory matters
- Work with cross functional teams on matters related to regulation, products, internal policies, processes; etc related to the Digital Bank
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Work with outside counsel as and well required
- Work closely with group/parent company on broad range of matters related to the operations of a Digital Bank
- LLB/LLM qualified
- SG or UK Bar qualification (min 10 PQE)
- Excellent in-house and law firm experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496