- Direct reporting into C-Suite
- Highly visible role
- Global coverage
Our client, a HK headquartered Aviation OEM and Aftermarket Parts MNC with global presence is looking to fill a Legal & Compliance Director role.
Reporting into the CFO/CEO of the company, the successful candidate will be given the remit to advise on a broad range of legal and compliance matters across the group. Day to day scope will include but not limited to drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, advising, drafting, and implementing compliance policies (FCPA, anti-corruption, data security/privacy topics), advise on event driven corporate transactional (M&As/JVs) as and when required.
The ideal candidate would be a Bar qualified lawyer with at least to 10 years of experience ideally gained in leading law firms and in-house role(s). Prior experience/passion in the aviation and/or related OEM manufacturing, aftermarket parts distribution space will be very well-regarded.
To be successful in the role, you will need have strong business acumen, be a team player, have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Being hands on, having the interest to build out the legal function and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment will be highly desirable attributes.
- Draft, review, and negotiable a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on corporate (M&As/JVs) transactions across multiple jurisdictions
- Provie sound and commercial legal advice to the C-suite team and business stakeholders
- Assist in handling disputes related matters (as and when required)
- Keep abreast of legal, compliance and regulatory developments in the markets and businesses that the group is operating in and ensures policies and frameworks are stay robust and relevant
- Support in the company’s growth and expansion plans into new markets and locations
- Set up processes and policies to enhance business operations and commercial outcomes
- Work with outside service providers on corporate secretarial matters
- Advise on corporate governance, regulatory and compliance matters including FCPA, anti-corruption Data Security/Privacy matters
- Bar qualification with min 10 PQE
- Prior experience with leading law firm (corporate/real estate practice) and relevant in-house roles (Aviation/OEM Manufacturing/Parts distribution) will be very well-regarded.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player who can operate independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership qualities