Title: Java Developer
Work Model: Hybrid/Remote
My client is a NASDAQ-listed cryptocurrency exchange business that is fast becoming a global brand with offices across Europe, the US, and Asia. They are actively searching for a Junior Java Developer to join their expanding team.
You will be joining a team of experienced developers to help us scale the platform, integrate support for new blockchains, and deliver new customer-facing features.
Working with multiple blockchains means there is always something new to learn, and we often dig deep into the core code of blockchains to really understand how they work.
The team is organised into small squads aligned to deliver a particular project or feature, so you will be involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle from design through to testing and go-live.
My client encourages a sustainable work/life balance and supports remote working.
- The core technology is Java 17, using Python for prototyping and Python Behave for automated end-to-end tests.
- Some small components are written in Rust, and the frontends use Svelte.
- Strong advocates for ‘DevOps’ as a mindset - using automation to deploy the system into Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS - while also ensuring that developers are able to run the system on their local machines.
- Commercial experience with core Java 8, or newer
- Experience building and maintaining production software
- Experience writing automated end-to-end tests
- Experience with SQL
- An interest in blockchain technology
- Some familiarity with Python preferred, but not essential
- Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Ability to work well in a small team