- A management role
- Team environment
- Great for career growth
Our client, a leading Financial Services institution is looking to fill a country Head of Legal role.
Reporting into the Regional General Counsel, the successful candidate will be given the remit to advise on a wide array of legal matters ranging from transactional (Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Lending, Derivatives; etc) to general corporate commercial as well as dispute management. This is a team management role.
The ideal candidate should come with at least 10 PQE (Commonwealth Bar qualifications preferred), strong experience in Capital Markets, Securities, Derivatives product offerings from a Financial Institution standpoint.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, independent, hands on and have strong stakeholder management skills.
- Manage the country legal team and function
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts
- Advise on new financial products/product developments from a legal standpoint
- Manage legal risk and provide risk mitigation strategies to stakeholders
- Manage litigation/contentious matters as and when required.
- Appoint, manage, and liaise with external counsels as and when required.
- Advise on transactional matters (Cap Markets, Corporate Finance deals, Lending, Derivatives; etc)
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory development and advise stakeholders accordingly
- LLB/LLM/JD qualified
- Min 10 PQE (Commonwealth Bar preferred)
- Prior experience in Financial Services Industry and knowledge of Capital Markets and Global Markets products/offerings a must
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and manager who can operate independently.
- Strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496