- Senior role
- Highly visible
- Group role
Our client, a Singapore headquartered international company in the Manufacturing space is looking to fill a Group Company Secretary role.
Reporting into senior management, this is a group level role with broad remit to manage and advise on corporate governance matters (including but not limited to corporate secretarial support, regulatory/corporate filings, board management and shareholder relations)
You are LLB/LLM qualified and called to the Bar. Ideally with at least 10 to 12 years of relevant functional and industry experience (in sizable corporations), you should also come with strong understanding of listing rules in China. Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese a must due to the need to engage with both internal and external stakeholders in both languages.
The role is based in China and specific city (open to Shanghai and other locations) to be discussed.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advise senior management and board on legal and regulatory matters
- Develop and implement legal processes to improve efficiency
- Appoint and manage outside counsels as and when required
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Manage shareholder, investors and media relations
- Participate and organize board meetings, ensuring records of meeting minutes and resolutions are in order
- Manage statutory filings to all relevant government and regulatory bodies
- Ensure compliant of all filing, licensing, compliance and regulatory requirements of the stock exchange and CSRC
- LLB/LLM qualified (Bar qualification a must)
- Min 10 PQE
- In-house and top tier law firm (Corporate Practice) experience
- Strong relevant experience in a Company Secretary role
- Strong understanding of China listing rules
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively bilingual in English and Chinese
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496