- Internal Audit profiles with banking experience welcome
- Team lead role with good career progression
- Stable and well established team
Our client is one of the largest bank in the world by total assets and operates in over 40 countries as a trusted brand name.
To cope with expansion, there is an exciting opportunity for high calibre candidate to be part of the Compliance team.
- Supervise and manage the Compliance Assurance Team to ensure they perform the monitoring and self-reviews effectively and efficiently
- Devising and updating an effective compliance self-reviews program to identify key risk areas through an effective risk assessment and conducting a risk-based monitoring activity
- Exercise judgement on the reasonableness of the scope of reviews and organize work schedule to ensure effective use of resources
- Manage objective compliance reviews and monitoring activities, involving self-reviews on Compliance and AML, through liaison with business stakeholders, a variety of fieldwork approaches, the production of quality deliverables for assurance and review work undertaken
- Assess whether the applicable regulatory requirements are embedded into the Bank’s policies and procedures and complied with effectively
- Foster close co-operation between and develop excellent working relationships with various Risk and Compliance stakeholders, including Regulatory Compliance, Internal Audit, Business and Head Office
- Keep abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations to the Bank, industry best practice, and changes to business activities and products, through self-managed learning and relationship with Legal & Compliance Department colleagues and business networks
- Review regular and ad hoc reports to the line manager, Branch management and Head Office
- Manage various ad-hoc projects, initiatives and duties as assigned
- Degree holder or above in Law, Finance or related studies. Qualified auditor is a plus
- Min 10 years’ relevant experience in compliance and/or banking audit, prior team leading experience is preferred. Candidates from Big 4 professional firms welcome to apply
- Sound knowledge of laws and regulations applicable in banking industry
- Good understanding of corporate banking operations and products is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and leadership
- A team player with good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Good command of spoken and written English & Chinese
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496