- HQ role
- Newly created role
- High visibility
Our client, an investment holding company with a strong and focused portfolio in Healthcare, is looking to fill a newly created Legal Director role. Reporting into the CEO, this is a highly visible headcount with the remit to cover all legal & compliance related matters in the company.
The successful candidate will be helping to build out the legal function and take up broad responsibilities in legal, compliance and corporate secretarial functions. As the company continues to invest in promising healthcare businesses, a significant aspect of the role would also be to advise on M&A transactions.
You are legally qualified (Commonwealth jurisdiction) with at least 10 PQE. Experienced in advising on M&A transactions (healthcare a plus but not required), general corporate matters, corporate secretarial matters, compliance policies will be well regarded. Ability and willingness to be hands on will be critical given this would be a startup function.
This opportunity is well suited for experienced counsels with both in-house and law firm (M&A/Corporate Practice) experience.
- Advise senior management and business stakeholder on all legal, compliance and corporate secretarial matters
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of commericial and transactional contracts
- Key legal adviser to business stakeholders on all major business transactions including M&A,/JVs, divestitures, financing and investments in the region
- Advise management on dispute matters should they arise
- Advise on Compliance at the group level and associate companies level e.g. data protection, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and other group policies
- LLB/LLM qualified
- Bar qualification from major jurisdictions (Commonwealth/Singapore Bar preferred) with at least 10 PQE
- Experienced in advising on cross-border transactions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Chinese skills are essential due to the need to liaise with business stakeholders in great China region
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496