- Global FinTech giant
- Multi-jurisdictional scope
- Player in industry frontier
Our client, a global FinTech behemoth, is looking to take on an experienced legal counsel to oversee their global payments business.
Seeking successful candidates based in Singapore, Hong Kong or China (Shanghai, Hangzhou). The role will include acting as multi-jurisdictional key contact and managing partnerships across wide range of functional teams and stakeholders.
Experience (especially as legal or regulatory advisory counsel) in financial services and technological spheres is well regarded, as is familiarity with remittance business and blockchain technologies.
A minimum of 8 PQE will be required. Candidates proficient in Chinese will be well regarded due to the need to liaise directly with Chinese speaking only stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business partners on all payments business matters.
- Oversee multi-jurisdictional regulatory matters and work across departments to strategize and support business launches.
- Act as legal POC and partner with business stakeholders throughout project life cycles.
- Negotiate, draft and manage broad range of contracts/agreements relevant to the remittance business of the group.
- Provide legal advice and work across departments on financial, funds and treasury matters.
- Work closely with external counsels and internal AML/compliance teams to fulfill business needs.
- Maintain relationships with regulators when and as required.
- Research and develop legal strategies for supporting new business technologies and structures.
- More than 8 PQE with degree from well reputed law school.
- Legal qualifications in PRC, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK or US.
- Experienced in advising on regulatory matters in multiple jurisdictions.
- Highly attuned to business needs and able to apply legal expertise accordingly.
- Able to assess and communicate insight from commercial angle to international stakeholders.
- Perceptive decision maker with ability to manage junior lawyers and external counsels effectively.
- Resilient and adaptable to constant flux in diverse startup work culture.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496