Legal Counsel (min 6 PQE) & Data Protection Officer, Global FinTech
- Posted 01 June 2021
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- Globally recognised and acclaimed brand
- Based in California
- Change and innovation driven
Our client, a maverick global FinTech company is looking to fill a Legal Counsel role to oversee operations in the Americas.
The successful candidate will be the key coordinator and POC for legal and compliance matters across all regional projects. Working in close partnership with business stakeholders and in-house professionals to manage a broad spectrum of legal and regulatory concerns will also be a regular affair.
Prior tenure in financial services/technological practises or in house positions will be highly sought after (but not mandatory), as is experience in the legal and regulatory aspects of the industry. Proficiency in Mandarin (written and spoken) is required for business needs.
You are legally qualified in New York or California with 6 PQE under your belt. Competence in managing the full life cycle of contractual agreements is also necessary. To excel in this role, you are self-motivated and adept at meeting deadlines under tight constraints.
- Evaluate and mediate legal and regulatory matters across all business activities in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Key POC for all legal and compliance facet of company initiatives.
- Interdepartmental (privacy/AML/tech/ops/legal/compliance) cooperation across all product/service launch.
- Assist in relationship management with regulatory parties.
- Oversee external counsels to deliver timely and effective legal advice.
- Keeping abreast of developments in pertinent laws and regulations.
- JD/LLM certified from well-established US law school with 6-10 PQE.
- Legally qualified to practice in California or New York.
- Extensive knowledge in contract drafting, reviewing, negotiating and legal analysis.
- Conversational and written proficiency in Mandarin.
- Travel to China on a quarterly basis (conditions permitting).
- Experience in financial services or technological spheres is well regarded.
- Legal/regulatory experience in financial services or technological spheres is valued.
- Well adjusted to fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S749