- Global FinTech pioneer
- China-focused regional scope
- High tech frontier space
Our client, a global FinTech maverick, is seeking an experienced legal counsel with strong commercial acumen to partner with business teams and take on cross-border dealings in China.
Seeking outstanding candidates based in Hong Kong or Shanghai. The successful member will be the key POC overseeing business and transactional matters in a highly dynamic landscape.
A minimum of 6 PQE, with PRC Bar qualification and excellent Chinese proficiency are essential. Experience (especially as legal or regulatory advisory counsel) in financial services and technological spheres would be well regarded, as are relevant practices in top tier law firms.
- Key personnel overseeing cross-border business in PRC.
- Function as legal and regulatory advisor for all relevant business and transactional matters.
- End-to-end contract negotiation and drafting with financial institutions and merchants with paralegal assistance.
- Keep abreast of policies and regulations related to financial services and advise management accordingly.
- Partner with compliance team in the preparation and implementation of regulatory matters.
- Assist in drafting documentation and agreements for customers and clients.
- Providing legal training for teams as and when necessary.
- LLB or equivalent qualification from reputed institution.
- Excellent proficiency in Chinese and English (spoken and written).
- Admitted to PRC Bar; qualifications in other common law jurisdictions well regarded.
- At least 6 years PQE with experience in MNCs or international law firms. Industry experience in financial services/technology/e-commerce/internet sectors highly regarded.
- Adept team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Resilient and adaptable to multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Work travel within China or overseas (as regulations permit).
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496