- Newly created role
- An exciting fintech (payments) company in Singapore
- Excellent career growth
This is a newly created role with an exciting fintech (payments) company in Singapore (HQ). The company launched in 2020 and has had significant growth thus far, with funding from leading Tech VCs & Investors in the region.
This role is a newly created role and will be the first hire on Design, with a view to hiring a team in the first 6-12 months and moving up to a Head of Design level. Therefore, it's the perfect role for a Senior/Lead Product Designer who's looking to step up to a Manager level.
- Be the 1st hire in design: set up processes, practices and principles across experiments, user research, design sprints, etc
- Be a practitioner of user centered methodologies (user journey mapping, lean experimentation). Gain a deep understanding of user behavior and be the voice of the user within the organization
- Work closely with the CTO, CEO and Head of Product to shape design as a key pillar of the tech team
- After the first 6-12 months: hiring, mentor and inspire a team of UIUX designers who will look to you for guidance, leadership and direction for design related projects
- Anywhere from 5 -10 years' experience in hands on user centric design
- Prior experience in tech start ups (especially early stage) OR else a proven ability to think quickly, handle uncertainty and help others navigate the fast paced nature of working in a start up
- Prior leadership experience is not necessary, but there is a strong preference for candidates who have taken initiatives (such as mentoring programs, workshops classes etc)
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present when needed to C levels or even investors
- Experience with relevant tools (Figma, or Sketch, XD)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496