I am hiring for an exciting, newly created Product Director role working for a profitable, high-growth international technology start-up.
You Will Get:
- Meaningful impact: Protect security, privacy, and online freedoms, and do so at a huge scale for millions of active paying customers world-wide.
- Tough challenges and a sense of accomplishment.
- Learning from colleagues. We try to keep our hiring-bar very high and like to think that we have assembled a very diverse set of friendly, curious and open-minded people who are very good at what they do and are keen to share.
- Empowerment. As a product leader, you and only you will own your KPIs. State what resources you need to succeed, get the right team(s) assembled, then lead them to determine a roadmap and deliver very iteratively.
- Competent engineers providing horsepower to execute on your roadmap.
- Many options for career growth. Our industry is growing, our business is growing, and we have many uncovered areas to fulfil.
- Design your part of the product management organization. Create roles with clear accountabilities. Align with several "tribe leadership teams", with the managers of other functions like engineering, design, product marketing, data analysis, operations, etc. to form teams that are relatively self-sufficient and empowered to accomplish their OKRs.
- Build the product management organization. Put the right people into the right roles. Hire and promote managers of product managers. We’re currently very much under-staffed. You’ll need to create your headcount budget, design plans for assessing candidates, and work closely with our recruiting-team to source candidates. You'll lead our PM-hiring team.
- Manage your direct reports. You define expectations, measure results, guide career and skill growth, and hold people accountable.
- Contribute to the strategic vision for the company’s products and services, including for our expansion into new value propositions.
- Clear definitions of our current and desired end-users, insights about their needs, and how well we’re meeting those needs.
- Insights on our industry and competitors.
- Visions for what the company can build to better meet the needs of our users and the business, and to compete more effectively. Deliver product visions both at a multi-year strategic level, as well as guide detailed story-refinement sessions with teams.
- Coordination of delivery, typically using Kanban or Scrum principles.
- Held a product management role for a large-scale product or service.
- Several years of experience in hiring and managing managers of PMs.
- Lead products with long-term strategic road maps and elegant high-velocity weekly execution.
- Lead people: expertly structuring and motivating teams and individuals
- Sharp logic and communication skills.
- Interest in and understanding of privacy and security issues affecting consumers online, and opinions and visions for how they will evolve over time.
- Enough technical understanding to be able to envision *what* we can build to address user needs in privacy and security.
- Excellent agile delivery skills. You know what a high-performing cross-functional team looks like.
- You're skilled in breaking big problems down into small pieces of which a few-person team can deliver several per week, and each of which further satisfies a user.