- Hands on Agile Product Owner role within a dedicated Scrum team
- Front and centre of APAC digital strategy
- Exposure to key business and technology stakeholders
Our client, a leading financial services firm is looking for a high caliber professional to join a dedicated Agile scrum team as a lead senior Product Owner to deliver a set of new features as part of their CRM platform.
- As Product Owner (PO) you will develop and maintain a vision for agile technology projects and be responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. Be responsible for agile technology projects and features from concept to final implementation.
- You will work with architects, business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each release. Be responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of agile technology projects and features.
- You will be the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the agile development lifecycle. As PO you’ll need to understand both the engineering and business side of releases and be ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
- Provide business input on requirements to the technology project teams. Work with subject-matter experts in product teams, front office and operations on requirements (e.g., a new electronic workflow to simplify layers of checking, or to auto-populate repeated fields in client forms). Prioritise “must have” items vs. “good to have”.
- Review technology plans and design specifications, to ensure business requirements are met and that benefits will be delivered.
- Work with technology project teams to develop test plans. Co-ordinate business users to test new platforms or technology features that are developed. Ensure final delivery meets user needs.
- Participate in project review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project’s cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution to bring back the project on track
- 7-10 years’ experience in a product-related or change/transformation role within a financial services or technology firm.
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Lead for Digital technology projects would be highly advantageous
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline. Experience in working with technology delivery teams, from a business perspective would be a significant plus.
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously “see the big picture” and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution.
- Experience in lean / six sigma process improvements would be desirable
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.