My client is an extremely exciting and very fast growing eCommerce platform HQed in Vietnam, as part of their growth they are looking for an extremely capable Director of Engineering, to be based in Vietnam, reporting directly to the CTO.
The Director of Engineering will be leading a young, but highly capable engineering team based in Vietnam, with plans to further expand the team over the next 12 month.
- Scope and lead independent technical charters with enormous impact across many teams
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured problem solving to development best practices
- Participate in deciding your team’s roadmap in collaboration with Management and Product teams
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like product, design, and business
- Continuously contribute to improving our technology ecosystem, libraries, frameworks, utilities and Services
- Lead recruitment of high-quality engineers for our distributed technology teams
- Minimum of 8-10 years of software development experience, with 4+ years of technical team leadership experience.
- Proven experience managing and leading engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping high quality products.
- Must have experience working in high growth and fast paced start up environments and have strong technical depth. Able to be hands on.
- Track record of building and managing strong technology teams of 15+ people, strong understanding of distributed systems
- Strong expertise in designing complex frontend and backend applications using cutting edge technologies like Kafka, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch etc.
- Substantial experience in building complex and high performance web scale systems using microservices
- Bi-lingual in Vietnamese and English would be the strong first preference, given the local make up of the team.
Given border restrictions and requirements of the business, locally based Vietnamese candidates who fit the above requirements will be top priority.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496