Back to jobs
Corporate Counsel, Maritime (2+ PQE)
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
Join a dynamic maritime company as a Corporate Counsel and play a pivotal role in managing a wide range of legal matters. As a key member of the legal team, you will handle various corporate transactions, agreements, and compliance-related issues.
To touch base and discuss alignment, please send in your latest CV to email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly!
- Draft and review a diverse range of agreements, including sale and purchase, joint venture, investments, M&A, and commercial agreements.
- Collaborate with external lawyers on legal matters and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Manage S&P matters for acquisitions of shares, ships, and related agreements.
- Oversee corporate governance and legal compliance matters, including due diligence processes.
- Handle charterparty disputes and cargo claims, providing expert advice on legal issues.
- Provide guidance and support to various departments on legal matters and claims.
- Law degree with 2 to 7 years of PQE.
- Strong knowledge and experience in corporate law, transactional background preferred.
- Familiarity with insurance matters is preferred but not mandatory.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.