Back to jobs
Our client is a prestigious global shipping company with a strong foothold in the maritime industry. Their commitment to excellence and innovation drives their success in providing comprehensive maritime solutions to clients worldwide. They are currently seeking a dedicated Paralegal to join their legal team in London.
The Paralegal for Transactional Matters will play a pivotal role in our legal department, providing essential support for ship sale, purchase, and financing transactions. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute to the legal aspects of our operations while ensuring adherence to maritime laws and regulations.
- Collaborate closely with the legal team to draft, review, and analyse legal documents, contracts, agreements, and other transaction-related materials in ship sale, purchase, and financing matters.
- Conduct comprehensive research on maritime laws, regulations, and industry practices to ensure accuracy and compliance within transactional activities.
- Assist in conducting due diligence processes by compiling and organizing relevant documentation, conducting background checks, and providing regular updates to the legal team.
- Support the preparation, negotiation, and execution of contracts, including purchase agreements, financing agreements, charter agreements, and more.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, external legal counsel, and other involved parties to facilitate the seamless progress of transactions.
- Maintain meticulous records of transactional documents, agreements, and correspondence to ensure accurate documentation.
- Contribute to the preparation of closing documents and oversee all necessary steps for the successful finalization of transactions.
- Stay informed about shifts in maritime laws, regulations, and industry trends that could impact transactional proceedings.
- Provide valuable administrative assistance to the legal team as required.
- Bachelor's degree in paralegal studies, law, or a related field. Additional qualifications or coursework in maritime law or shipping practices are advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience as a paralegal with a strong focus on transactional matters, preferably acquired in-house or at a reputable law firm.
- Thorough understanding of maritime law, regulations, and industry standards relevant to ship sale, purchase, and financing transactions.
- Impeccable organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in legal research, drafting legal documents, and conducting thorough contract reviews.
- Effective communication abilities, both written and verbal, enabling collaborative interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in utilizing legal research databases, document management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work efficiently, particularly within a fast-paced environment.
- A professional demeanour and the capability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving and continuous learning.