Legal Counsel (3-5 PQE), General Corporate & Compliance - PE Backed Digital Infrastructure Company
- Posted 11 April 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
Our client, a fast-growing digital infrastructure company with a regional presence is looking to fill a newly created Legal Counsel role. Reporting to the General Counsel, the successful candidate will be given a broad remit across the region. Day-to-day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) advising on general corporate commercial and compliance matters.
The ideal candidate (3-5 PQE) should have a good law firm (Corporate Practice) and/or relevant in-house experience. Candidates with experience in advising on compliance matters (i.e. anti-corruption/anti-bribery, data protection, and other ethics and compliance topics) will be very well-regarded (not a must). Candidates coming straight from law firms or folks with legal qualifications (but not called to the Bar) are welcome to apply.
- Provide legal support to business stakeholders on general corporate commercial matters, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Provide legal support and advice on compliance matters, including drafting policies, designing and implementing programs, and frameworks, and conducting training in data protection, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and other relevant ethics and compliance programs.
- Assist with corporate secretarial and other corporate governance matters.
- Collaborate with other legal team members to ensure consistent legal advice and high-quality legal services are provided to the business.
- Develop and improve procedures, precedents, and guidance to assist the legal and other business teams to work more efficiently and grow.
- Maintain close relationships with the legal and business teams, and work collaboratively as a team.
- At least 3 to 5 PQE in general corporate commercial matters, with some experience in compliance.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English is essential and being conversant in Bahasa Indonesia/Melayu is well-regarded.