Back to jobs
Legal Counsel (2-4 PQE), Digital Assets/Crypto
- Posted 21 February 2023
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
- EA License No.15S7496
Our client, a well-funded fintech (digital assets/crypto) is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Legal Counsel (2-4 PQE) to join its business. Based in Singapore and reporting to the Head of Legal, the ideal candidate will have experience in the legal and regulatory aspects of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, as well as a good understanding of the financial industry.
- Provide legal guidance and support to the company on a wide range of matters related to cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Stay up-to-date on relevant laws, regulations, and industry developments in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Review and draft legal agreements, policies, and procedures
- Provide guidance on compliance with AML/KYC regulations
- Work closely with the management team to identify and manage legal risks
- Represent the company in legal proceedings and negotiations as necessary
- LLB from an accredited law school
- Called the Bar (Singapore preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience in legal practice ideally from a leading law firm.
- Experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is a plus but not necessary
- Good understanding or willingness to pick up knowledge of financial regulations, including AML/KYC compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest to work in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at the forefront of the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.