Back to jobs
Senior Lead Counsel, Fintech/Banking Services (7+ PQE)
- Posted 25 February 2023
- LocationHong Kong
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineChief Operating Officer & Governance
We are partnered with a fintech conglomerate, in search for a senior lawyer to take point over a key business in Hong Kong.
The ideal candidate is experienced in the financial regulatory landscape in HK and/or familiar with general banking services. Reporting line into the regional General Counsel, this is a de-facto Head role with a team expansion.
Do note that effective bilingual proficiency is necessary as stakeholder relationship is a critical element. Experience as key decision maker is valuable, and ability to function on a strategic level will be sharpened in this role.
Apply below or send in your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
- Principle legal lead for a global business line, take charge of all cross-border legal/regulatory matters, product architecture, commercial contracts.
- Work closely with product teams and compliance/risk to on broad array of matters.
- Manage external counsels and liaise with stakeholders across jurisdictions.
- Collaborate at group level on business initiatives.
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships in the interest of group business.
- Hong Kong qualified lawyer with 7+ PQE.
- Strong foundation in financial services and banking law.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Ideally well-versed in financial regulatory knowledge, with experience working in retail/commercial banking.
- Business-minded, able to negotiate and influence decision makers.
- Annual business trips to China.