Our client is a global Fintech conglomerate with extensive business footprint across the globe.
The International Business division is seeking to engage with a PRC qualified lawyer based in Shanghai or Hong Kong, supporting core business lines and entities across China and other regions. Scope is broadly corporate commercial in nature.
The successful candidate will be able to make key decisions with minimal supervision, and possesses sharp business acumen (or able to adapt quickly). Ability to travel for work to the China offices will be necessary
Do note that proficiency in English and Chinese is required to liaise effectively with counterparts based in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
If you (or someone in your network) are keen to be considered, please send in an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serve as principle counsel advising core business in BAU, transactional and regulatory matters.
- Liaise closely with merchants, financial institutions and service providers and external stakeholders.
- Draft, negotiate and manage wide range of commercial contracts with support in legwork.
- Keep abreast of relevant financial regulatory landscape and advise internal functions/stakeholders accordingly.
- Educate non legal colleagues, and collaborate with global/local compliance teams as and when needed.
- Law degree from recognised institution.
- Qualified to the PRC Bar, Common Law qualification and knowledge well regarded.
- 5+ years of experience in MNCs, international environment, especially within the payments, FS and internet/tech sectors.
- Strong legal foundation, ability to work autonomously in fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills; fluency in Chinese is important for building business and stakeholder relationships.
- Travel to be expected in China or overseas, expenses paid for.