- Posted 10 October 2022
- LocationHong Kong
- Job type Permanent
Our client, a global fashion and apparel brand is expanding and currently looking for a retail buying director to join the team. This Buying Director will implement and strategize the overall buying plans across the APAC regions.
- Lead the merchandising team for the whole buying lifecycle such as OTB planning & management, buying, allocation & replenishment, sell-through analysis, price & market analysis
- Identify key product strategies and robust Hero product programs across the regions
- Develop and communicate an inspired vision and strategy for the entire assortment of merchandise
- Identify potential gaps in the line plan, roll out locally relevant product collaborations for improving the assortment for APAC
- Drive continuous improvement of merchandising systems and processes to optimize the business
- Achieve and drive assigned business goals and objectives including sales, inventory, and gross margin.
- Work closely with Retail Operations, Stores, Visual Merchandising, Communications departments to make recommendations for creative changes and artistic improvements
- Work with product teams and markets to evaluate and develop Asia fit strategy applicable to the region
- Bachelor's degree holder with minimum 15 years of relevant industry experience
- Agile, responds positively to change, embraces and employs new practices to accomplish goals and solve problems
- You have been in a matrix international work environment which requires you to utilize your influencing skills and collaborative efforts fully
- Fluency in English is essential. Mandarin and Cantonese an advantage