Why are Technology Sales Jobs in demand?
Technology sales jobs are in demand because of the growing importance of technology in the modern world. Technology is used in virtually every industry, from retail to finance, and companies need skilled salespeople to help them promote and sell their products. Technology salespeople must have a strong knowledge of the technology they are selling, and must be able to explain its benefits to potential buyers. Additionally, technology salespeople must stay up to date with the latest trends and products, and be able to adapt their selling strategies to changing markets.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets in a technology sales environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficiency in using customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the technology and IT industry
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and respond quickly
- Knowledge of negotiating and closing techniques
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and highly organised
Space Executive, an international recruitment business spanning the UK, Singapore and Hong Kong. We hire permanent and interim leadership mandates within the technology space at both multinationals and high-growth, Venture Capital (VC) backed start-ups. We represent a wide variety of technology sales leadership opportunities across the globe. Get in touch with us to hear more and we can run a tailored search to your requirements.
What are salaries like for Technology Sales Leaders?
Salaries for Technology Sales Leaders in the UK and Europe can vary greatly depending on the company, size of the team, and location. Generally, salaries for senior sales roles in the technology industry range from £50,000 to £150,000 per annum, with salaries on the higher end usually reflecting larger organisations or companies in more expensive locations. Bonuses may also be available for high-performing individuals, which can add a significant amount to the overall remuneration package. In Singapore and APAC salaries generally range from S$90,000 to S$150,000 per annum. Executive-level positions offer the potential for higher salaries, with some roles commanding more than S$200,000. Take a look at our Salary Survey Report which gives a valuable snapshot of trends around salary ranges.