- Leadership role
- Newly created role
- Singapore Based
Global logistics company which operates across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. This Company provides a diverse range of transport and logistics solutions covering road, air, sea and rail to best meet their customers global supply chain needs.
The primary responsibility of the role will be required to drive profitable growth across the existing Singapore business through development of new business and increased share of wallet from existing customers in above sectors. This role must also play a significant role in the strategic communication channel between the customer and company and to develop and drive a customer centric and service excellence culture.
The VP of Sales and Marketing role will be responsible for:
- Setting a strategic vision for the verticals to grow sales and profitability and manage the strategic direction for the company’s relationship of the assigned strategic account/s
- Developing and implementing top tier sales and marketing strategy as well as the developing a clear end to end value proposition in accordance with industry application and strategies.
- Leading the sales team, co-ordinating account team members across multiple operations and services and ensuring a single experience for the customer.
- Building, developing and retaining high performing teams of account managers, business development and marketing insights through the delivery of an effective people and organisation strategy that includes effective capability development, employee engagement, mentoring, coaching and succession planning.
- Using market and segment intelligence on customers, competitors and significant factors affecting markets to influence short and long-term business objectives and to support decision making.
- Building, maintaining, and developing relationships with key account’s senior decision makers, then leverages these relations to enhance account growth, retention and renewal
- Engaging with solution development to drive efforts that best address customer needs, seeking and securing leading edge innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Identifying and creating key initiatives for driving greater value with the verticals with focus on increased share of wallet, revenue and/or margin.
- Work with Finance and Commercial, and through strategic account management and contract negotiations, ensure all projects and business opportunities are costed up to effectively meet revenue and profit thresholds.
- Use industry networks and market intelligence, identify and drive the provision of innovative end-to-end customised solutions for new and existing customers through the effective identification of customer needs and keeping up to date with relevant industry solutions, in conjunction with the relevant Supply Chain Solutions support team.
- 10+ years’ experience in senior sales roles within matrix organizations
- Extensive experience in commercial negotiations in a B2B, 3 PL environment
- Experience in developing logistics solutions and demonstrated understanding of the operational impacts of customer proposals
- Experience in working in a matrix environment as part of a senior leadership team
- Proven track record in driving business performance through strategic account management and development and effective people leadership.
- Understanding and experience in segment marketing/brand development/value proposition generation
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop a high performing team.
- Tertiary qualifications in related field (Sales or Marketing) Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain or equivalent
All interested candidates, please apply now, and we will get in touch for a confidential discussion.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496