- Regional role
- Global Bank
- Organisation is known to hire top tier candidates
Our client is a prestigious, global commercial Bank looking to recruit an experienced VP, Credit Review to be based in their Singapore office.
- Assisting in the planning and preparation prior to the start of credit reviews
- Reviewing structure of loans and other types of credit facilities, financial performance of borrower and guarantor, economic and industry operating environment as well as other relevant credit risk factors
- Assessing accuracy of credit ratings based on credit related procedures and recommend rating changes
- Identifying deficiencies in credit processes
- Ensuring compliance with bank’s lending policies & procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Discussing potential issues within Credit Review Division (“CRD”), and with account officers and International Credit Division
- Reaching a valid conclusion regarding the risk profile and adequacy of the final results
- Preparing review reports containing the results of the credit review based on CRD’s Policies & Procedures (“P&P”)
- Ensuring consistency in the application of the risk rating process and risk evaluation through the various business units of the bank & its subsidiaries
- Participating in the review of Self-Assessment results
- Recommending changes to bank’s lending policies and CRD’s P&P proactively and as needed
- Maintaining current knowledge of developments in the industry and regulatory environment, all policies and procedures related to lending, credit rating and problem loan monitoring
- Keep abreast of topical issues and new or pending laws/regulations that may affect banking, in general and credit review
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Law, or a related field.
- 6 years or more of credit review / credit risk or internal audit (looking at credit) experience gained working within financial services, preferably commercial banking
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team management experience preferred as you will have one direct report
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.