- Newly created headcount (expansion)
- Regional transactional role
- Well-established (and growing) team
Our client is a US headquartered company. Due to their massive expansion plans currently being executed in the region, the company is looking to fill a couple of Transaction Counsel, Real Estate toles in their Singapore based regional legal team.
You are LLB/LLM qualified, between 4 to 8 PQE (Commonwealth Bar) with in-house experience in handling corporate real estate matters. Experience in negotiating commercial real estate leases in Singapore and across SEA regions would be a major plus. Candidates who do not have real estate experience but strong transactional experience from law firms welcomed to apply.
The company has a progressive, flexible and open work culture.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be collaborative, commercial, hands on and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate broad range of transactional agreements
- Play an active role in providing legal support to real estate transactions
- Advise stakeholders on possible legal risk and provide mitigation strategies related to real estate transactions
- Play a lead role and bring transactions from start to close. Take full ownership of the transaction and have a sense of urgency for deal closure.
- Ensure compliance to company’s policies pertaining to real estate transactions
- Assist in the drafting of policies, guidelines, legal templates and other documents to ensure best practices
- Coordinate and liaise directly with external counsels on transactions (in SG and overseas markets)
- LLB/LLM qualified (min 4 PQE)
- Bar qualification from a commonwealth jurisdiction
- Transactional experience gained in law firm or in-house
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in Real Estate sector a major plus (but not a must)
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.