- Newly created headcount
- Highly visible role
- APAC coverage
Our client, global MNC is looking to fill a newly created Transaction Counsel (3 to 5 PQE) role.
Reporting into the General Counsel for the APAC region, you will primarily be providing support and advice on real estate related transactions (buy side). You will also have a broader remit in advising the business and stakeholders on matters related to day to day operations, compliance and regulatory considerations.
You are LLB/LLM qualified with 3 (min) to 5 PQE with top tier law firms (M&A Practice). Candidates with exposure at international law firms will be well regarded. Chinese and/or Japanese skills will be a major plus given the markets the role covers. Prior experience in advising on M&A deals in the real estate space will be highly relevant. Candidates coming straight from law firm welcomed to apply.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, take ownership in delivering, and be a team player.
If you are keen to apply to this role, do send in your updated CV to email@example.com
- Review, draft and negotiate engagement letters related to international real estate transactions
- Partner closely with deal teams in preparing and finalizing letter of intent and other relevant documents related to new acquisitions
- Advise on day-to-day operational matters
- Play the role of a strong legal business partner to help business team achieve commercial objectives
- Ensure compliance to relevant laws in all jurisdictions
- Develop and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (outside counsels, service providers, portfolio companies; etc.)
- Design, implement and manage processes to ensure efficiency in managing transactions
- Bar qualification (3 to 5 PQE)
- Top tier law firms (M&A Practice). Exposure with international law firms will be highly regarded
- Good Chinese and/or Japanese skills will be a strong plus
- Independent and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior in-house experience in real estate investment and/or real estate asset management experience (not a must. Candidate straight from law firms welcomed to apply)
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496