- Highly visible role, partnering closely with the leadership teams
- Excellent opportunities for career progression within the company
- Attractive remuneration
My client are seeking an individual to coordinate and manage their tax affairs in Asia, with corporate taxation (including transfer pricing and withholding taxes) being the primary focus.
Reporting to the Finance Director, Asia and Global Tax Director, you will be the primary point of contact in Asia for tax technical support, advice and assistance to all cross functional leaders. Provide support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective and providing support in tax audits and questions from tax authorities. As need be, support may be provided in other tax areas such as indirect tax.
- Implementing strategies & policies: Contribute to the implementation of the Group Tax Strategy, Policies and Procedures in Asia.
- Business partnering and day-to-day support regional and local functions. Cooperate with and provide expertise and guidance to both regional functions and local business and finance functions on day-to-day tax related matters;
- Provide support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective, which amongst others may include share acquisitions and disposals, business integration and/or reorganization, financing arrangements, dividend distributions and capital contributions or repayments;
- Build up a strong network of contacts in finance and business functions, with primary focus Asia.
- Managing tax risks and opportunities: Manage tax reviews, tax audits – or questions from tax authorities in any other form as the case may be – and tax litigations;
- Manage the review and monitoring of the tax position of the group of entities in Asia and pro-active alignment with the Global Tax Team in IHQ in this regard
- Manage the monitoring of compliance with tax filing obligations, advance tax rulings, or agreements with tax authorities in any other form for the entities in the Asia region, if and when appropriate;
- Manage the monitoring of compliance with the Group’s Tax Strategy, Policy and Procedures for the entities in the Asia region and pro-active alignment with the Global Tax Team in IHQ in this regard;
- (Pro)actively monitor regional and local legislative developments, evaluate potential impact, assess measures in order to optimize ongoing operations and/or mitigate risks.
- External stakeholder management: Effectively manage relationships and communication with third party tax advisors, external (statutory) auditors and tax authorities or other governmental bodies as relevant (e.g. the Malaysian Investment Development Authority).
- Master’s degree in Tax law, Fiscal Economics or a relevant Financial education, with understanding of accounting
- Prior experience and a good understanding of the Asia markets, particularly with Malaysia will be a preference
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496