A leading global FinTech platform supporting employees across over 500 clients, many of which are in the FTSE 100 (in the UK and US) is looking for a Software Engineering Manager. They do this by providing financial employee benefits to improve the financial health and wellness of employees. The platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance, and financial education.
It has the backing of high-profile investors, securing hundreds of millions in funding. This funding is enabling them to grow their enterprise and they are looking for a passionate Software Engineering Manager to join their team.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’re a leader with a critical role to play. Reporting into a Tribe Lead you will be accountable for assuring the quality and effectiveness of all aspects of the software delivery in a cross-functional team (Developers, Testers, PMs).
The ideal candidate will have a software delivery background with proven experience leading teams in the capacity of a developer in a fast-paced agile environment.
For you to be the ideal cultural fit, my client is looking for someone who is passionate about their cause, and truly cares about each colleague/customer. Culturally the company is very inclusive and therefore is looking for someone who is willing and able to collaborate across teams to achieve the best results.
- Line management of approx. 3-6 developers (junior, mid-level, and lead developers).
- Performance review, development, and management of those direct reports as well as liaising and relaying information between senior management and other team members.
- Contribute to the objective setting of the team and develop operational plans to help the team achieve its goals.
- Lead and ensure best practice standards for all relevant software engineering disciplines are defined, understood, and adopted, throughout the application life cycle.
- Input innovative approaches to the delivery teams and support the successful adoption of such ideas.
- Identify and deal with potential and actual risks across or between all stages of the product life cycle.
- Support the Engineering Tribe Leads and Quality Assurance Managers on the most complicated risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and Product Manager.
- A passionate leader who is devoted to people management including motivating, mentoring, coaching, and performance management.
- Experience in leading a team and supporting the development of individual team members.
- In-depth experience and background in software engineering.
- Experience in delivering highly complex software solutions in a demanding environment across multiple teams (squads) with a large number of users.
- Credible and experienced in one or more software engineering disciplines.
- Experience in problem-solving and coordinating the planning and actions of others in a central repository to deliver at pace.