Title: Software Developer (Some experience with Blockchain)
Work Model: Hybrid/Remote
My client is a NASDAQ-listed cryptocurrency exchange business that is fast becoming a global brand with offices across Europe, the US, and Asia. They are actively searching for a Blockchain Developer to join their expanding team.
You will be joining a team of experienced developers to help us research, understand, and integrate new blockchains into the platform, expanding the range of assets we can offer to clients. You will gain a broad understanding of the blockchain ecosystem, as well as get hands-on by diving into the low-level details and code of specific blockchains.
You will work closely with the core platform development team to add support for these blockchains, ensuring the system can correctly process deposits, withdrawals, and other – more exotic - transactions.
The core technology is Java 17. They aim for clean, high-quality code and prefer to keep things simple, avoiding enterprise frameworks such as Spring.
Python is used for prototyping and Python Behave for automated end-to-end tests. Some small components are written in Rust, and our frontends use Svelte. They are strong advocates for ‘DevOps’ as a mindset - using automation to deploy the production system into Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
My client encourages a sustainable work/life balance and supports remote working.
- Deep knowledge of blockchain technologies
- Desire to dive below the surface and really understand how things work
- Ability to absorb and clearly explain complex concepts
- Professional software development experience
- Some familiarity with Python, Java, or other mainstream OO language
- Proven ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Ability to work well in a small team