- Regional role with a global market leader in Logistics
- Exposure to senior management in a growing and innovative organization
- Drive strategy and capabilities within a highly autonomous role
Our client is a globally recognized and respected Logistics and Transportation company looking for an outstanding individual to join their freight forwarding business as a Regional Business Development Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Sales, you will develop and drive a strong sales pipeline and identify opportunities to grow the business regionally.
- Analyse and identify target clients based on a global sales strategy, using the following demographics: annual turnover, industry segment, key trade lanes, proven system connectivity, growth mode, senior management relationships.
- Contributing towards gross profit budgets
- Increasing gross profit and volumes to achieve economies of scale and service reliability
- Representing the freight forwarding in line with the business’ values and ethics
- Partnering with and provide accurate and timely information that ensures process and administration efficiencies
- Ensuring the business’ value proposition is matched with the client’s expectations and service commitments are defined and agreed prior to implementation.
- Partnering with the global and regional business network to increase gross profit and volume in key trade lanes
- Increase and maximise new business opportunity to their full potential by gaining all trade lanes and extending 3PL services.
- Provide ongoing market feedback and evidence of competitor pricing to ensure ongoing competitive pricing
- Provide market feedback on product offering and solution design to develop business offering to stay ahead of the market
- Degree in transportation/logistics/marketing or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in sales development and client relationship building within the Freight Forwarding industry
- High degree of communication skills
- Strong team member and is outgoing and willing to learn, develop and grow
- Willing to take ownership of an opportunity or a problem to get to a quick and clear resolution.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to find core issues and creatively address
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Results-orientated with a strong customer orientation and ability to operate effectively across many levels within the organization
The successful candidate can expect to work in a highly autonomous yet fast-paced organization and be challenged to build a legacy in an organization that has undergone global transformation.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.