- Cyber is a rapidly-growing, high-priority business area for a renowned reinsurance firm in Singapore. Following a group-wide commitment to invest and grow the APAC business, the firm is now actively looking to hire experienced Underwriters to develop and grow their cyber portfolio.
- This is an exciting opportunity for Underwriters looking to relocate to Singapore, as the firm is prioritising hiring International underwriters.
- This is a senior role, with excellent exposure and links to the Regional C-Suite.
Our client is a global reinsurance business that has an extensive foothold in the APAC region, providing both direct and Reinsurance solutions across Non-Life/General Insurance, Life Insurance and Health. Internationally recognised for their Cyber offerings, they offer the chance to be a leader in this space.
- To act as a Lead Underwriter for Cyber Solutions, working directly with external stakeholders to ensure business is conducted appropriately and within determined risk limits.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as Risk, Finance and Actuarial to ensure responsible underwriting practices.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and workflows are completed correctly, encouraging a transparent and data-driven approach to work (as much as possible within Cyber).
- Provide support on Reinsurance Solutions for Cyber business, but also provide support to primary insurance clients on developing direct cyber solutions.
- Communicate market developments and strategies to the group, to provide insight and ideas for growing and developing a market-leading Cyber offering across ASIAPAC.
- Proactively develop professional relationships with clients, to ensure a long-term commercial relationship for the group.
- Experienced Underwriter, ideally with previous experience in Cyber. Experience in Casualty or long-tail lines is also of interest. Demonstrable track-record and performance stats will be required.
- International experience and mentality, comfortable to work across multiple regions with a focus on understanding and respecting diverse cultural and business practices.
- Fluent communication in written and spoken English.
- Experience in the APAC market is advantageous, but not required.
- This role is looking for Underwriters who can support the development of the Cyber offering in APAC, therefore previous experience in growing and developing either Cyber solutions or businesses in Asia will be considered.
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.
EA Licence No.: 15S7496