A Private Equity firm based in America with a global portfolio are looking for an expert Java Lead to join a team building high-performance services to power their financial services division specifically centred around challenger banks, disruptive payment and lending technologies
Role: Senior/Lead Software Engineer
Rate: £185 - £225 p/hour (Inside IR35)
Duration: 18-24 Months
Location: London/Remote (Must be able to travel to London once per month)
You would be joining Business/product teams, working closely to aid in design and development across a range of financial services within their portfolio. Able to design, build, consult, and craft solutions to shape businesses into the portfolio. Understanding product requirements, able to lead conversations across stakeholders, in-depth technical understanding and hands-on capabilities.
- Create microservices in Java & Python
- Read/write data in SQL, NoSQL, S3, Kafka, etc
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Produce fast, reliable and scalable systems
- A good understanding of Java and its latest features (streams and lambda)
- Keen to learn and apply JVM languages
- At least three years of architectural experience.
- Understand how to use data systems, such as SQL, NoSQL, S3 and Kafka
- Familiar with AWS and associated components such as EC2, IAM, ECR etc.
- Familiar with build tools and CI / CD pipelines.
- Interested in creating microservices over REST, reactive streams, etc
- High development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
This role requires someone with strong technical foundations and business acumen. Able to occasionally commute to the companies location, always London based (once a month typically). Representing an established global Private Equity with rigor and excellence.
Are you currently looking for a new role? Could this be your next challenge? Apply now!