- Newly created role. #2 counsel in the APAC region
- Reporting to the Head of Legal for the region
- Broad scope of legal and compliance coverage
Our client is a global leading specialty chemicals company with a European headquarter. Due to business growth, they are currently on a lookout to hire a Senior Regional Counsel to be based in Singapore (first 6 months) and Mumbai. You are LLB/LLM qualified with 8 to 12 PQE an in-house legal counsel and law firm associate. Prior experience in advising on a broad spectrum of legal and compliance across the APAC region in the Manufacturing/Chemicals related industry will be a must.
Bar qualification is a must (Commonwealth jurisdiction) and the candidate should have good international exposure having worked with global MNCs and/or lived and worked overseas.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be independent, a proven business partner and technically strong.
- Provide strategic legal, compliance and regulatory advice to senior management and business leaders
- Advise on a broad scope of general corporate commercial matters (acquisitions, disposals, IP, commercial agreements; etc.)
- Identifying and managing risk and liability face by the business in their areas of operations
- Implementation and monitoring of Compliance programmes
- Counsel to senior leadership on complex transactions, crisis management and other matters which could impact the company’s bottom line and reputation
- Bar qualification (8 to 12 PQE). Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Independent and mature
- Willingness to work out of Singapore for 6 months and be based out of India (Mumbai) thereafter
- High integrity
EA Licence No.: 15S7496
For more senior job postings, market Intel and commentary please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook "Space Executive" and Twitter @spaceexecutive.