- Posted 05 August 2022
- Job type Permanent
A disruptive and innovative tech company providing online data and analytical products to the Maritime and Aviation sectors is looking for a product/programme manager for their new aviation projects. You would be reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and running technical projects that service a client list that includes investors, traders, shipowners, operators, regulatory bodies and advisors.
Role: Senior Programme Manager
Location: London (West)
Role type: Full time/hybrid (2 days p/week in office)
Industry: Maritime, Aviation & Supply-chain technology
The ideal candidate will have experience of simultaneously managing and prioritising multiple projects for algorithm, data and research driven products over their full lifecycle, from specification to delivery and support. You will also have the ability to rapidly understand, query and contribute to the various complex projects. The projects include online and API delivered products related to: Automated Valuation Models (AVM's); AIS and ADS derived asset tracking, cargo mile demand and trade flows; asset and market data; forecasts and more.
- Manage and prioritise multiple simultaneous projects and strategic initiatives by balancing their complexity, resource needs, commercial benefit, inter dependencies and available skills with the high-level goals of the company.
- Advise on allocating existing and recruiting new resources in line with the company's projects, priorities and strategies.
- Oversee and deliver the development and delivery of projects.
- Work with stakeholders to estimate, define and achieve project deadlines.
- Resolve major project issues and roadblocks.
- Ensure development and release of high-quality products that meet our clients and business needs.
- Report project status and deadlines to management and the board.
- Develop metrics and dashboards (based off data from Jira) to effectively monitor project progress.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required
- 5+ years project and or program management experience in technology, data, modelling or analytical fields.
- Experience of simultaneously managing multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of and experience in the technology, data, modelling or analysis companies and projects.
- Expertise in Jira and Atlassian suite of products beneficial.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle practices.
- Familiarity with the shipping, trading, financial and/or Aviation industries would be an added bonus.
What is your current work situation? Are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!